Internships in Poland
Poland: the Country
Poland is a central Europe country that is part of the Europe Union, and its located between West Europe and the Baltic countries. It´s climate is warm most of the year, but winters use to be cold (-6ºC to 3ºC average). Poland offers to the visitor a very rich historic legacy (castles, medieval and renaissance buildings, etc.). GDP per capita is around 16,200 USD, but prices and living cost in Poland are much more cheaper than in West Europe, so in terms of purchasing power its similar than 29,000-30,000 USD in more expensive countries. And if you want to get a job or and internship in Poland, remember that Euro is not the official currency there, polish people prefer to still use their own currency, the Zloty (1 Zloty = 0,23 Euro approx.).
Economic Sectors in Poland
Poland as a former communist country, inherited an economy composed of big public owned corporations, especially in heavy and basic industries. But since they join EU and start reforming their economy, a much more dynamic and efficient economy has developed very fast. Poland is a leading producer of food in the EU, food export of Poland in 2011 was about 15 billion USD. Just to show one of the most important sector you can work in Poland are: automotive industry (Fiat, GM, Scania, Volvo, MAN, etc.), banking and financial sector.
Companies in Poland
Main polish companies are: buses and trams (Solaris, Solbus), helicopters and planes (PZL Świdnik, PZL Mielec), trains (Pesa SA), ships (Gdańsk Shipyard, Szczecin Shipyard, Gdynia Polish Navy Shipyard), military equipment (FB “Łucznik” Radom, Bumar-Łabędy SA), medicines (Polpharma, Polfa), food (Tymbark, Hortex, E. Wedel), clothes (LLP), glass, pottery (Bolesławiec), chemical products and others. And not to forget about Oil&Gas: PKN Orlen is a petrol refinery and retailer and one of the biggest corporation in Poland, and PGNiG that is the state owned Oil&Gas company. You can clik here for a more complete polish comanies list.
If you like to have and internship in Poland, be sure that they are looking for people like you: Banking, IT, Data analytics, management, financial, electronics, marketing, R&D, etc. Polish economy has grown very fast, and their companies often have difficulties finding employees trained in new technologies. Good luck with your internship search.
Find placements and internships in Poland
- Summer Internship – Software Verification Engineer [rekrutacja online]
- Summer Internship – Software Developer C / C++ [rekrutacja online]
- Finance Internship
- Business Analysis Internship
- Operations Internship - PL
- Business Intelligence Internship
- Amazon Pathways Operations Internship (Poland)
- 2020 Machine Learning Internship - Alexa Speech
- Operations Internship - PL
- Frontend Developer Internship at ABB Ability™ Cloud Platform
- Embedded Software Engineer - Internship Nordic Semiconductor Poland
- Mechanical Engineering - Internship
- DevOps Internship at ABB Ability™ Cloud Platform
- Developer Internship at ABB Ability™ Cloud Platform
- Machine Learning - Internship